17.4.08

Normal Service

Another day, another English cricket season, another quietly dismantled county bowling attack, another Mark Ramprakash century.

Although I fall into the camp of people who don't happen to think it would be a good idea to recall him to the England team - although I could be open to persuasion - I'm increasingly starting to wonder when, since the retirement of the Don in the late 1940s, has anyone made so many runs so consistently, over such a long period and with such inevitability?

I've got some time off work next week so I might do some digging around in the mass of cricket books that stuff my home and see whether I can come up with an answer.

However, by then, he'll probably have made some more runs and the IPL will have started, so we'll see...

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader