20.7.06

Heard the Score, Mate?

I was having breakfast in my hotel on Saturday morning (and trying to ignore the fact that I'd just wrecked my back and could hardly move) when an Australian at a nearby table leaned over and asked me if I knew the score in the Tri-Nations rugby union international between Australia and South Africa.

I couldn't help him but I was left wondering how he knew that I was interested in rugby. I think I might have been reading the cricket pages of a newspaper at the time so he made what turned out to be an accurate assumption about my range of sporting interests.

I found out later (and I assume he did too) that Australia had won the match 49-0.

It's mildly comforting to know that there's an international side that's possibly in even worse shape than Andy Robinson's England.

Andy Robinson's England? A topic I may return to...

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader