16.2.08

Hothouse Flowers

I've never written anything about women's cricket here before, but I reckon England's current women's tour of Australia is worth a mention. Against a side which has historically set the standard around the world, England's women are on top after two days of the only 'Test', and look a good bet to retain the Ashes which they won in England in 2005. They also did well in the earlier ODIs, drawing the series 2-2.

I've never watched any women's cricket live, and I'm only vaguely familiar with a few of the England players, most notably the captain, Charlotte Edwards, who I've seen make a few powerful and stylish runs on TV over the years, but it's good to see aoe England side shaping up so well in the unforgiving hothouse that is Australian cricket.

I'll be following the last two days of the game closely.

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader